The Upside Of Anxiety Program
A 6 Session Strength & Resiliency Training Series
What is Resilience? Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress. It determines how well we as humans “bounce back” from difficult experiences.
Resilience is perhaps the most important trait in predicting the health in a person’s lifetime. Being resilient does not mean that a person doesn’t experience difficulty or distress. Emotional pain and anxiety are common in a lifetime.
“The Upside of Anxiety” is the opportunity for people to realize that Resilience is not a trait that people either have or do not have. It involves behaviors, thoughts, and actions that can be learned and developed in anyone, and that it is a skill that can be cultivated and learned.
The Upside of Anxiety Program includes and covers:
– Assessment of Client Resilience Levels Includes:
- Client Interview – 15 minutes
- Completion of Resilience Scale – (Optional)
- Heart Variability Assessment – 2 minutes (Optional)
- Psycho-Education Focused on Resilience (See Below)
– The importance and benefits of Mindfulness
– The relationship between mindfulness and resilience.
– The dangers of Perfectionism
– The power of failure and mistakes
– The relationship between gratitude and resilience
– The Power of Words and its effect on mental health and healthy positive emotions
– Practicing empowering, life-giving and positive language strategies
– Review and Practice of learned skills and a post-series assessment of Resilience.